Sunday, November 25, 2012

Five Years and 2 days!

I am still celebrating the five years living in my house alone with 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat! I never thought I could possibly live alone but the last five years have seen so many changes both in my life and in my house. When I moved in there was a terrible echo in the house...good chance this was because we had very little furniture, now we have tons of great pieces and I continue to drag more and more home, I just can't resist myself. Also the reason that I have a spare dining set residing in my living room at this very moment!

In celebration I scoured my old harddrives in search of some photos of my house and was able to find the ones from the realtor..after looking at these I can't believe that anyone would say that these show a house in the best light!

I had to paint the white immediately becasue every stinkin wall was white and I had a 5 and 8 year old when I moved in. I do like all the stuff on the counter it shows oh so well!

The dining room....ugly cabinets were also removed prior to move in and are now my workbench in the garage.

The entryway is still much like this except the ugly light has been changed out...I don't remember when exactly I did this but I remember the light I put up was only $13.00 on clearance so I put the same one in the hallway!
The backyard....apparently these people were living off the land on a city lot! I took out the blocks and have let the yard just be for 5 years and need to do something with it other than just let it be, but for now I am going to let it be.







I hope you have enjoyed the look back and will watch as the remodel comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment