Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hallway Bathroom Inspiration

 
In my small house the bathroom seems to be even smaller when there are 3 of us trying to get ready all at the same time. So after 5 years there is quite a bit of wear and tear on the bathroom. As soon as I moved in the white had to be painted over and I chose a greenish color that is pretty neutral and blah, but it has worked for quite some time. 

I wanted to give you an idea of what is currently in the fabulous builder's spec bathroom that I have been living with for the past 5 plus years.There is a not so amazing mirrored 4 bulb light that keeps blowing light bulbs, builder grade linoleum, and off the shelf vanity with a faux marble top. One of my biggest pet peeves is when you approach a counter and it looks like granite which would be cool to the touch especially in the air conditioned world we live in, but when you touch it the cool touch isn't there and my plasticy marble top is never cool to the touch. That said I may not love it, but nothing is so terrible that is is causing the bathroom from being used. I know that I can make this bathroom amazing, now let's see if I can do it on the $500.00 budget that I have set for it.
Since I can be easily swayed and get off track when purchasing
supplies I decided I needed to do an inspiration board much like
I have to create material boards at work to keep on track.           
What I plan to do:

*Board & Batten on the wall across from the vanity. This will be where the towel hooks are mounted
*Paint above the board & batten, and all other walls and ceiling Grey.
*Refurbish the existing vanity from 3 door to 3 drawer and 2 door and paint inside and outside new white color to match the board & batten.
*New tile
*New vanity light fixture
*New shower and vanity faucet
*New moulding throughout

In the inspiration board there is a purple bathroom image that I have loved for so long that I have lost the link to the original. If you know where it came from please let me know so I can update here and give the original poster credit.

My progress so far includes painting a test area of the gray on the wall. The linoleum is currently being pulled up by the new puppy, why did I adopt yet another lab mix?











No comments:

Post a Comment